There is no government zoning in the surrounding area of Grandview Properties, so we have created a building scheme to ensure that development of the lots progresses in an orderly fashion.
Single Family Residences;
- Minimum 1250 sqft for a single level home (Rancher with walkout basement) or minimum 900 sqft for a multi-level home
- Two car garage required, detached or attached
- Timber Frame, Post & Beam or conventional “stick-frame” houses are permitted
- No obligation to start construction, but once started; there is an obligation to complete the exterior finishing.
- Temporary homes, RV’s and mobile homes are not acceptable.
The Grandview Properties Building Scheme is applied to all lots with the underlying goal to create a desirable rural community lifestyle. This will maintain and enhance your property value.
Certain characteristics of lot improvements such as exterior colors & materials, building sizes and shapes are prescribed in this building scheme.
Our Building Scheme supports in-home businesses such as bed & breakfast, consulting or craft works so long as the primary focus of the business is maintained indoors. To the contrary, we do not allow certain outdoor activities such as junk yards/collection, auto-body shops, wood processing facilities or farm animals.
Our registered building scheme is an integral part of the Disclosure Statement of Grandview Properties.
The rendering below illustrates the walkout basement concept. Generally the garage and kitchen are entry level, while the walkout basement allows access to the lower yard – in this case, facing towards the lake.
The majority of lots at Grandview provide a great opportunity for this style of construction.
Landscaping is a requirement if the ground is not too steep. This area of the Kootenays is considered temperate with a growing zone of 5-6. By comparison, the prairies growing zone ranges between 2-3 and the BC Coast is 7-8.